How I wasted six months of my life doing absolutely nothing and convinced myself not to regret it.

Just when I thought 'hello and bonjour'..are the only two words i can use to greet people...


another amazing word added into my verbal dictionary! (well in reality i cant really say that to anyone out loud yet).For those of you wondering what that meant..it is Korean for hello...
Not just that..i even know how to say sorry in Korean.. "JWESONG-HAMNIDA".Not just that...I can even say 'miss'...'mister'.. 'yes'..'no'...'like'...'love'... 'thank you'....a few other words too in Korean.

I don't really mind if you mistake me for a crazy person for writing down a huge list of all the little words I can speak in a new language onto the big world wide web..Coz hey..its my blog..I can scribble down all the stuff I want in the world! Its been a while since I've blogged and I want the whole world to know what Ive been upto... So here it goes world..

I've spent six months of my life watching all things Korean... Korean movies, Korean documentaries, Korean drama's, Korean songs... sleepless days and nights...doing nothing but this. Stuck on the Internet streaming funny Korean movies till 3a.m and I loved it!

And of you thought that was my only obsession???.. HOLD ON!! 

I've even eaten a lot and slept a whole lot and thought a lot much more and walked even more much more.

Days and nights and days and nights... I kept looking at the wonderful world outside my window...


I kept making my room a huge mess and went around skating across the slippery floors of my house, spilling coke all over the place and dancing with loud music. I've completely  done absolutely nothing. Sometimes I even just sat eyeballing my pet fish Jonah like a curious little kid while it ate food and swam up and down and left and right for hours and hours and hours and even wondered how my life would be if I was a fish in the huge ocean. 


Sometimes I've even tried talking to my pet parakeets Shea and Loyd and telling them A is for Apple and B is for boy. 

Other times I've just forced myself to sleep so that I can have an ah-may-zing dream


.My life was having the time of its life. Doing what ever I felt like doing, When ever I felt like doing it!

Somewhere in the middle of all that I got frustrated. I got frustrated of doing nothing all the time. Thinking about it...it wasn't just the frustration of doing nothing all the time but the fear. Fear of ending up like a complete loser. Fear of ending up doing nothing but watching people move forward in life while I am still stuck in an abyss( the bottomless pit of emptiness).

For what its worth I've even asked myself...
"Monica! what the earth are you doing with your life". " what if this is all that there is going to be in your life"
but then.. immediately my conscience replied
"Well...you are completely wasting valuable time but face it!it is making you friggin' happy!"

And that was the last time I've asked myself that question. I was satisfied with the answer my awesome conscience came up with. That was it. Doing something that makes you happy.. Isn't that what life is all about.

I know the time I wasted doing nothing is never going to comeback. But then when somewhere down the line when I get a super busy working job where I have to work my brains off,then I will think back of the days when I lived like a freelancer living in the big city where I had nothing to worry about but what to watch on TV and what choice of Ice cream to eat for dessert. Then I will think of how much fun I had worrying about the little things in life and say to myself
"Those where the days!"
And I am assured....I had fun when I was supposed to have fun...and I know for sure...You can never regret having a good time can you?!


That's all for now....Anyong!bye bye!..Leaving you with two of my favorite quotes to thank you for scrolling all the way to the end!Do what you feel like doing when you feel like doing without any regrets!=)

"Never regret something that made you smile."
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did"~ Mark Twain 

For those of you wondering why I had to waste 6 months of my life...well I graduated from college and got a job...but my date of joining into the job was 6 months away.(DEC'11 to be more precise)..so...my wait for desperate December started from June when I graduated..and it was nothing but waiting waiting and waiting. Now that it is almost a month away.... I'm already looking back and saying 'those were the days'!

Comments

  1. As someone who's wasted 6 months of life doing nothing, this post made me feel not quite so depressed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! :P...cut yourself some slack..and have fun while you can...
      Thanks for the comment BTW :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What to do if you are having a mid life crisis?

Cinderella and the 4 Knights KDrama Review

Talk about things that matter