Speaking without thinking- BAD. Acting without thinking- VERY BAD!

I keep seeing and hearing so many things which constantly keep reminding me how important it is that we have a sense of self realization. I admit I am still struggling with a few things like extreme sensitivity and incandescent mood swings. But I'm not like the many who don't even admit they have issues and seek help. When you don't even realize what your negatives are how on earth will you know how to deal with it?

Let me tell you a real story from a few days back. I used to visit a small shop every now and then for collecting random groceries. This shop was what you'd call a typical Kirana Store cum Tiffin center. There used to be an Auntie and her cute little kid at the shop at all times. I always loved having small talk with the Auntie and the little girl. Within no time I realized how hardworking that Auntie was. She used to wake up very very early in the morning at around 5 AM, lock her little sleeping kid in the house, Cook tea and breakfast for the customers at the shop. Again go home fix breakfast and lunch for the little kid and send her to school again come back to work and deal with the customers and buy products from wholesale stores and cook lunch, snacks and evening tea. Pick up the little kid from school and get her changed and take her to the shop to make dinner for the customers, pack up late at night at around 11PM. Take the sleeping little kid on her bike and drive both home. This isnt a made up story. This is a real routine of a wonderful lady who was the sole provider of her family. I always admired the way she spoke and the way she spread loads of cheer. She cooked like a pro. Once you tasted her dishes you would come back again!

In a few conversations I had with her I realised though she seems very put together she was actually dealing with big time husband issues. I could'nt really pester on her to tell me more but i knew that she was very hurting about the fact that she is dealing with a failed marriage and a good-for-nothing husband. Trying to keep her privacy intact, every time I spoke to her I used to talk about anything but her problems. I used to ask her recipes, kids and news which she always spoke of cheerfully.

It so happened that I got somewhat busy with things going on with my life and didn't visit the shop for a month. A few days back after I came home from work my mom sat me down on the chair and told me that the shop aunty was no more. She took her own life a few weeks back. I was shocked hearing the news. The first thing that came to my mind was that little girl. My mom told me that when she went to the shop for some groceries there was a man. Suprised by this change she asked for the lady and he told my mom that he was her husband and she is no more. My mom immediately asked the man to allow her to talk to the little kid. She came out giggling and smiling happy to see my mom. When my mom asked her where her mom was the girl replied that her mom was away on a vacation and will be back soon. Unable to figure things out my mom enquired with the neighbours who confirmed that the shop aunty was infact no more and and that she took her life a few weeks back.

This news made me very very sad. I was disheartened to know that the world is now less of one wonderful soul. I never was able to figure out what must have disturbed the aunty so much that she took her own life. I felt extremely sad that the little kid will now grow without a mom. If only the aunty could have thought once before taking the extreme step she could have been there to see her little kid grow up. I find it hard to believe that someone who was able to manage a billion things effortlessly took such a impulsive decision. If only she could have sat down and thought about the long term consequences of her hasty decision maybe she could have realized that there was one little kid who needed her the most no matter how big her problems were.

Acting without thinking is indeed very bad. Especially acting without thinking when you are emotional might lead to irreversible consequences. This post is a reminder to both myself and the world that everything passes away. Problems, pain, issues, hurt, breakup's, fights, yelling, insecurity are all reminders that we are mere humans and everyone deals with it at some point in thier life. Deal with it and emerge in victory. Admit you have issues and get help!If there is nothing you can do about it, the best thing you can do is throw that thought away in the Atlantic ocean. When you cant do anything about your problems, it is stupid to carry it around everywhere you go and make yourself any more heavy than you already are!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do if you are having a mid life crisis?

Cinderella and the 4 Knights KDrama Review

Talk about things that matter