Kids these days!

So today I went to this doctor for a checkup and there was a little kid who came and sat next to me in the waiting area. A small little girl she was with a long mickey mouse t shirt and a high pony.

Me not being the one happy and content just being all by myself felt it might be good to strike a conversation with the little one. She looked like she might be 5 or 6 years old. How hard can it be? Definitely Pre K or 1 grade. not older.

She sat beside me for a few minutes and ran to her mom and got an android cell phone.She started playing some game and I was getting curious. It looked like some dress up game or something. She was pressing buttons and a Barbie girl's looks kept changing. Cartoon Barbie boys kept appearing and she was clicking buttons like 'Date or No Date'. I was getting really curious now to know what the game was. I couldn't keep it in and finally blurted -' Hey kiddo! Whats that Game?'

She looked at me from top to bottom, staring precisely for 4 seconds at my 1940 model non camera phone in my hand and said- 'Super Girl' and went back to playing.

'Thanks Dear office for now allowing cellphones with camera and helping  me make a stupid fool of myself in front of 5 year old's'-the stupid monkey inside my head told me.

So now I felt like that little girl served attitude with a capital A on a plate and I had to do something about it. I immediately borrowed my sister's android and started playing 'Dumb Ways to Die' in loud volume. Just so she could hear it. Yeah, I was having a face off with a 5 year old in a doctors waiting room.

She noticed me playing and peeped into my phone.

'Gotcha!' The stupid monkey inside my head told me with an evil wink! :D

'Do you want to play?' I asked the little girl.

'What are you playing?' She asked me back.

I was all ears and mouth. I started this 'Independence Day' Speech to explain the game and how the rules go. I told her 'This is a nice game. I play it all the time. It is Dumb Ways to Die. You see you need to save the guy from -------' She didn't even let me finish the line that smart little weirdo kid.
She said 'Huh? Dumb ways to Die? You are still playing Part 1? There is Dumb Ways to Die Part 2 also out on market place. I played it already!'

I got served once again. Game Over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do if you are having a mid life crisis?

Cinderella and the 4 Knights KDrama Review

Talk about things that matter